Youtube was recently updated, and several voiceover changes were put in. At first, you may do what I did. "oh, damn, it, google, stop, breaking, things!!!"
It turns out that google actually fixed a lot of things in this version, making the user experience more streamlined and much more efficient. They did seem to break one thing though.
The story about the video playerIn this update, you will find the traditional video player, and below it the video title. It used to be there was a more actions button near there, and there was also a button for expand description. All of that is gone. instead, you'll notice voiceover says "actions available" just like home screen or mail or a lot of other IOS apps. The available actions are as follows, as tested on a video by sciShow space.
- Activate item <default> (Likes the current video, there is no way the user would know this without trying it out for themselves)
- More actions: Expands the options for share, and add to list.
- [If subscribed to current channel]: send me /stop sending me, every notification for this channel.
The videos viewThe videos view used to suck. You flicked right and it said "more actions" and other things. Now, simply flicking right sends you to the next available video. Again, you can flick down or up here to do the following:
- "Activate item" <plays the video>
- More actions, <Bring up a flyout allowing you to do these things:
- Express you aren't interested in seeing this video ever again.
- add to watch later.
- add to playlist.
- share ...
- cancel <can be activated by scrubbing as well>